We girls all need a little help in menopause and everyone is talking about the new “skinny” cocktails. So today to celebrate the holiday weekend, I am posting some new skinny cocktail recipes. Enjoy and Cheers!
- 1 jigger (1.5 oz or 3 tablespoons) Citron vodka or regular vodka (nutritional analysis uses 80 proof)
- 1 oz (2 tablespoons) diet cranberry juice (NOT “light” — it must say diet) OR 2 teaspoons unsweetened cranberry juice and 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (fresh preferred)
- 2 to 3 drops orange extract
- 2 to 4 teaspoons sugar equivalent in artificial sweetener (to taste), liquid preferred
Prep: Put the ingredients in a cocktail shaker half-full of ice. Shake well. Taste for sweetness if using unsweetened cranberry juice, which is highly variable. You may need to add sweetener. Strain into a Martini glass. Garnish with a small lime wedge or curl of lime peel.
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 1 1/2 ounces lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 ounce agave nectar
Prep: Put ingredients into cocktail shaker half-full of ice and shake well. Rim the glass with salt. Serve strained or with ice in shaker. Garnish with lime wedge
Calories: 220 calories
Note: Substitute the agave nectar for sugar-free sweetener (try Splenda or Monin Sugar-Free Triple Sec) for a 140-calorie version of the drink. Not bad!
- 4 apples and 3 oranges sliced
- Combine fruit with 1 pound red grapes, halved
- 3 bottles light- to medium-bodied red wine
- 1 can Fresca (or any diet lemon soda)
- 1 can club soda.
Prep: Chill mixture, and serve over ice for 16 servings of scrumptiousness.
Have a wonderful holiday weekend and let us know how they tasted!